‘No charges promised, no charges not promised’ in LSU case

0 Comments

Updating what’s been the major story in college football the past few days — well, except for that whole Miami thing — police interviews scheduled for Tuesday involving four LSU football players considered persons of interest in a bar brawl have indeed taken place, multiple media outlets are reporting.

The interviews were conducted by Baton Rouge Police Department investigator’s at the BRPD’s Violent Crimes Unit Tuesday morning, and all were wrapped up in the space of about three hours.

Nathan Fisher represents all four players —  — and told the New Orleans Times-Picayune that no charges have been filed against any of his clients.  Fisher also intimated that new details may have emerged during the interviews that could force the department to continue their look into the off-campus brawl that left four people injured.

“There were no charges promised and no charges not promised,” Fisher said. “After today, I think they have some more investigating to do.”

It had previously been reported that charges had already been filed against unnamed individuals and that arrest warrants could be issued in short order; the Advocate reports that the BRPD released a statement clarifying that no charges have been filed.  However, the individuals hurt in the brawl would like to pursue charges against  those responsible.